Updated: Sep 4, 2020
07/26/13 – Yesterday The Vaux fire alarm system malfunctioned. Convergint Technologies, our security and fire contractors, were called in to fix the problem. After several man-hours of expensive labor and no solution, and with the prospect of posting an equally expensive fire watch looming, a resident revealed that he had disconnected the wires on the alarm in his condo, because it was beeping incessantly. This action interrupted the working of the entire system, and it turned out that the alarm the resident was hearing was just a personal carbon monoxide detector.
This was a costly operation, and it looks like the resident who caused the problem will be billed for the work. The lesson here is — never tamper with a fire alarm!Call CMI to investigate instead