Updated: Sep 3, 2020
The single most important way to protect yourself and your fellow residents is a simple one — just don't allow anyone you don't recognize to enter our buildings along with you.
● Always remember — people who belong at The Vaux or have business here already have ways to enter on their own without your help.
● Never allow anyone who calls from an entrance kiosk to enter our buildings unless you are absolutely sure they belong.
● If you find it socially awkward to deny entrance, use this mantra:
"I'm sorry, I don't recognize you."
Legitimate residents will understand.
Of course, there's a lot more to security —
● Vaux security meeting for all residents:
@ 6:00 pm, January 30, Friendly House (26th & Thurman)
● Get the Security Committee presentation here . . .
● There's more — Join our ongoing security discussion in the forum here . . .